Forum: GNU Radio xmlto error encountered in trying to generate some doc files

Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS (Guest)
In the docs/exploring-gnuradio directory I have previously looked at the
dial_tone.py file (and it runs and I understand the gist of it well
enough), but I couldn't find any actual documentation (remember, some of
us are brand new to Linux). So now I figure that I need to run "make"
since there is a Makefile in the directory. Right?

However, when I try, I get the following error:

make: xmlto: Command not found

Is xmlto a program/utility that is supposed to already be on the FC5
distro, or was it something that was supposed to be installed as part of
(or before) GR, or what? What is the best way to overcome this hurdle?

TIA
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:18:29AM -0700, Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
wrote:
> Is xmlto a program/utility that is supposed to already be on the FC5
> distro, or was it something that was supposed to be installed as part of
> (or before) GR, or what? What is the best way to overcome this hurdle?
>
> TIA

Don't worry about it.

The output is here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring...