Forum: Ruby Problems with super

Vijay N. (Guest)

I have been struggling to get super to work.

I have a class A which inherits from Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner

class A has a method 'start' which is trying to override the 'start'
method from the TestRunner class.

so my derived class looks like

require 'test::unit::ui::console::testrunner'

class A < Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner
 def start
  super
  # some code here

I am running some tests using the Test::Unit framework.

Now, whenever a testsuite runs, i would like the start method from class
A to be invoked when required. Currently, the base class is getting
invoked, which means the start method in the base class is not getting
overridden.

How do i get the start method from class A to get invoked instead of the
start method in the TestRunner class?

Help!
Trans (Guest)
Vijay Nyayapati wrote:

> require 'test::unit::ui::console::testrunner'
>
> class A < Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner
>  def start
>   super
>   # some code here
>  end
> end

Try....

 class Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner
   alias super_start start
   def start
     super_super
     # some code here