Forum: Ruby on Rails time manager

Walde M. (Guest)
on 2007-01-22 19:40
Hi,all !

I would like to control my application by time, without requests.
How can I do this ?
Is any method for this purpose ?
For exemple  : every hour I would like to do something on my data base
in automatic way.
And of course my whole application shouldn't sleep in the meanwhile.
Have anybody some idea ?

Thank for help !
Frederick C. (Guest)
on 2007-01-22 19:45
One way (that I use quite often) is just to use a cronjob. Backgroundrb
also has cron like scheduling of jobs (in addition to the other great
stuff it does).

Fred
Walde M. (Guest)
on 2007-01-22 20:00
Frederick C. wrote:

> One way (that I use quite often) is just to use a cronjob. Backgroundrb
> also has cron like scheduling of jobs (in addition to the other great
> stuff it does).
>
> Fred

Thank for your answer !

Could you tell me something more.