Forum: Ruby ri-emacs promble

Yang J. (Guest)
on 2007-01-22 03:49
when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info:
couldn't start ruby script.
i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.
Hemant K. (Guest)
On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:49 +0900, Yang Jdong wrote:
> when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info:
> couldn't start ruby script.
> i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.

I dunno, if its just me, but ri-emacs seems to be broken for the time
being. I choose a say F1 #=> Array and pressing enter on any method
takes me to the same page.

So, I am not able to drill down into method definitions and stuff.
Kristof B. (Guest)
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:02:25 +0900, Hemant K. wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:49 +0900, Yang Jdong wrote:
>> when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info: couldn't start ruby
>> script.
>> i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.
>>
> I dunno, if its just me, but ri-emacs seems to be broken for the time
> being. I choose a say F1 #=> Array and pressing enter on any method takes
> me to the same page.
>
> So, I am not able to drill down into method definitions and stuff.

Are you using the latest version of ri-emacs?

Note that the help buffer just displays the info, it is not a browser.
You need to type in the method at the minibuffer (using completion if
you like), just like it works for emacs lisp.

There is now a mailing list: <ri-emacs-users AT rubyforge.org>
Please send your questions there.  I may not be reading this newsgroup,
and the discussion may be interesting for other users.
You can subscribe here:

Thanks for using ri-emacs,
Kristof
Yang J. (Guest)
on 2007-01-24 09:10
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ri-emacs-users/
The Ri-emacs-users Archives

No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
currently empty. You can get more information about this list.

Kristof B. wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:02:25 +0900, Hemant K. wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:49 +0900, Yang Jdong wrote:
>>> when i use m_x ri in emacs,it show follow info: couldn't start ruby
>>> script.
>>> i use winxp and ruby 1.8.4,emacs23.
>>>
>> I dunno, if its just me, but ri-emacs seems to be broken for the time
>> being. I choose a say F1 #=> Array and pressing enter on any method takes
>> me to the same page.
>>
>> So, I am not able to drill down into method definitions and stuff.
>
> Are you using the latest version of ri-emacs?
>
> Note that the help buffer just displays the info, it is not a browser.
> You need to type in the method at the minibuffer (using completion if
> you like), just like it works for emacs lisp.
>
> There is now a mailing list: <ri-emacs-users AT rubyforge.org>
> Please send your questions there.  I may not be reading this newsgroup,
> and the discussion may be interesting for other users.
> You can subscribe here:
>
> Thanks for using ri-emacs,
> Kristof
Kristof B. (Guest)
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:10:24 +0900, Yang Jdong wrote:

> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ri-emacs-users/ The Ri-emacs-users Archives
>
> No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
> currently empty. You can get more information about this list.

Yes, I created the list just recently (because I realised rubyforge
doesn't create one by default), so naturally there are no archives yet.
Please send your problem to the list address I gave above.

Kristof B.