Forum: Ruby on Rails Version reporting mis-match

Cody S. (Guest)
on 2007-01-19 23:19
After updating to Rails 1.2.1 using gem, I updated my project using
Rake.  Next, I tried verifying the rails version in my app.  If you
execute "Rails -v", it reports 1.2.1.  But if you execute "ruby
script\about" it reports Rails 1.1.6, or if you previously used Edge
Rails, it report 1.2.0.

Does this look like part of the update didn't take?

I created a fresh project using Rails 1.2.1, and it reports the correct
version in both.  It looks like I either didn't do something right
during the update, or part of the update didn't get applied.
Jeff C. (Guest)
Cody S. wrote:
> After updating to Rails 1.2.1 using gem, I updated my project using
> Rake.  Next, I tried verifying the rails version in my app.  If you
> execute "Rails -v", it reports 1.2.1.  But if you execute "ruby
> script\about" it reports Rails 1.1.6, or if you previously used Edge
> Rails, it report 1.2.0.
>
> Does this look like part of the update didn't take?
>
> I created a fresh project using Rails 1.2.1, and it reports the correct
> version in both.

Existing projects that are relying on your system-wide gems need
config/environment.rb to be manually updated.  The environment.rb was
generated for you when you initially ran the "rails" command to
generate your app, and it hard-codes the version of the rails gem you
were using at that time.  So just update the value in your
environment.rb file.

Jeff
softiesonrails.com
Cody S. (Guest)
on 2007-01-20 00:21
Jeff C. wrote:
> Existing projects that are relying on your system-wide gems need
> config/environment.rb to be manually updated.  The environment.rb was
> generated for you when you initially ran the "rails" command to
> generate your app, and it hard-codes the version of the rails gem you
> were using at that time.  So just update the value in your
> environment.rb file.

Thank you Sir.