Forum: Ruby on Rails app failing -- configuration issue?

Matt C. (Guest)
on 2007-01-19 19:43
Hi folks.  I have an app that's running on one host that I'm attempting
to deploy to a different host.

The stack is set up, as the generic rails index page comes up
successfully.  Accessing any of my rails controllers fails, though.
Running script/console brings this error:
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionwebservice-1.2.1/lib/action_web_service/contai
ner/action_controller_container.rb:74:in
`require_web_service_api':NameError: ne               ither
ApplicationApi or ApplicationAPI found

It's not a code issue, as the app is running elsewhere.  Any hints on
tracking down the problem?

Thanks much
Matt C. (Guest)
on 2007-01-20 05:51
Problem solved -- my code's written for 1.1.6 and gem install rails
loaded up the new 1.2.1.

I'm guessing there's some work needed to upgrade -- for now I downgraded
my rails install to 1.1.6 and the app runs fine.
jfenders (Guest)
Matt C. wrote:
> Problem solved -- my code's written for 1.1.6 and gem install rails
> loaded up the new 1.2.1.
>
> I'm guessing there's some work needed to upgrade -- for now I downgraded
> my rails install to 1.1.6 and the app runs fine.
>
> --

I to am having some issuse with upgrading from 1.1.6 to 1.2.1.  I
suspect that some of the files that rails creates initially are
different?

Does anyone have a link detailing what must be done inside the app
directory to upgrade?
Matt C. (Guest)
on 2007-01-23 19:19
I've seen comments elsewhere that it might be related to using engine
plugins; haven't had a chance to explore that.