Forum: Ruby on Rails rails 1.2 released!

Patrick A. (Guest)
dankelley (Guest)
Count me among those who will download 1.2 when it's on the main
webpage :-)
(Guest)
Mm, I won't install it until I can go "gem update rails" and get 1.2.
Rob S. (Guest)
There is a blocker open right now against some of the DB adapters that
break 1.2.  Its a small syntax error, but just be fore-warned: don't
upgrade until its really "official".

- rob
Andrew S. (Guest)
I did gem update rails this morning

and surprise, surprise, I got 1.2 :):):)

Andrew
DHH (Guest)
> There is a blocker open right now against some of the DB adapters that
> break 1.2.  Its a small syntax error, but just be fore-warned: don't
> upgrade until its really "official".

What rob said. I just pushed the fix to the ActiveRecord gem. Making
the release official now ;)

-- david
Faisal N Jawdat (Guest)
On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:00 PM, DHH wrote:
> What rob said. I just pushed the fix to the ActiveRecord gem.
> Making the release official now ;)

Assuming propagation delays vs. our own impatience, how do we know we
have the fixed version?  ActiveRecord 1.1.5?

-faisal
Michael S. (Guest)
On Thursday 18 January 2007 18:07, Faisal N Jawdat wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:00 PM, DHH wrote:
> > What rob said. I just pushed the fix to the ActiveRecord gem.
> > Making the release official now ;)
>
> Assuming propagation delays vs. our own impatience, how do we know we
> have the fixed version?  ActiveRecord 1.1.5?

If you're using one of the affected database adapters your app will
throw an exception at you right from the start. If it seems to work it
does work. Or something to that effect.

Michael

--
Michael S.
mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid
On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:00 PM, DHH wrote:

>> There is a blocker open right now against some of the DB adapters
>> that
>> break 1.2.  Its a small syntax error, but just be fore-warned: don't
>> upgrade until its really "official".
>
> What rob said. I just pushed the fix to the ActiveRecord gem. Making
> the release official now ;)
>
> -- david

Is there a way to clean up the warning when using a new project
running against the gem?

./script/../config/boot.rb:29:Warning: require_gem is obsolete.  Use
gem instead.

I've been running against a frozen version in vendor/rails for so
long that I was surprised by this warning.  Sure I can do the s/
require_gem/gem/ on that line, but I have to shield my eyes from the
admonition on the first line "# Don't change this file."

Is there a better way?

-Rob

Rob B.    http://agileconsultingllc.com
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Skype:  rob.biedenharn
Alexis (Guest)
Hi, I changed the two lines in boot.rb but I feel kinda bad, are there
any options?
DHH (Guest)
> Hi, I changed the two lines in boot.rb but I feel kinda bad, are there
> any options?

Don't feel bad. Perfectly legit. We'll be jumping ship from require_gem
to gem in the next release anyway. Consider yourself ahead of the curve.