Forum: Ruby Accessing CVS from within a ruby application

unknown (Guest)

I need to access a CVS repository (read only) from within a ruby
application. I have found the libraries CVStools and Ruby/CVS. Are
there any others? If not has anyone used these and would you recommend?
I am running ruby on WinXP and will be accessing CVS via extssh.

Thanks
Farrel L. (Guest)

It's in the standard library:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/csv/rdoc/index.html
(Guest)
Farrel L. wrote:

> It's in the standard library:
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/csv/rdoc/index.html

CVS not CSV lol :-)
Dan Uznanski (Guest)
On Jan 17, 2007, at 4:13 AM, Farrel L. wrote:

> It's in the standard library:
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/csv/rdoc/index.html

Er... not quite.  CVS is Concurrent Versioning System, an open source
revision control system.  CSV is Comma Separated Values, a common file
format.  The library in stdlib is for the latter of these, though even
that has replacements, including most notably FasterCSV.

I am not aware of any other CVS manipulation libraries for Ruby, as I
usually use SVN.

Dan
Farrel L. (Guest)
> > > Thanks

Oops! My bad!
(Guest)
Dan Uznanski wrote:

> revision control system.  CSV is Comma Separated Values, a common file
> format.  The library in stdlib is for the latter of these, though even
> that has replacements, including most notably FasterCSV.
>
> I am not aware of any other CVS manipulation libraries for Ruby, as I
> usually use SVN.
>
> Dan
When I said CVS not CSV, it was in regards to my original question.
I.e. my question was about CVS not CSV. But thanks anyway.
(Guest)
ok, don't worry about this now. It was quicker to write my own.
Mike H. (Guest)

I've had generally good luck with RSCM

http://rscm.rubyforge.org/
(Guest)
I used a system call to interact with CVS from a command prompt, as it
was only CVS export that I needed.

I didn't know about RSCM, it'll certainly be something worth keeping in
mind for the future.

Thanks for that.