Forum: GNU Radio CDMA support in GNU Radio

Trond D. (Guest)
Hi everyone!

I just wondered if anyone else has experimented with CDMA in GNU
Radio? I tried searching through the code, but could not find
anything. My plan is to create a custom despreading code block, and
just multiply this with the received signal. The BW of the spread
signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
and USRP. Any objections to this approach, or hints on what I should
do different?

Thanks for reading this,
--
Trond D.
Chris K. (Guest)
Trond D. wrote:
> The BW of the spread
> signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
> and USRP.

AFAIK channel BW is 1.25MHz for the cdma2000 family, and closer to 4MHz
for W-CDMA.  Which standard are you thinking of working with?
Trond D. (Guest)
2007/1/16, Chris K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Trond D. wrote:
> > The BW of the spread
> > signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
> > and USRP.
>
> AFAIK channel BW is 1.25MHz for the cdma2000 family, and closer to 4MHz
> for W-CDMA.  Which standard are you thinking of working with?

I am creating a GPS receiver, therefore the interest in CDMA.

--
Trond D.
xiao x. (Guest)
Trond D. wrote in post #190184:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I just wondered if anyone else has experimented with CDMA in GNU
> Radio? I tried searching through the code, but could not find
> anything. My plan is to create a custom despreading code block, and
> just multiply this with the received signal. The BW of the spread
> signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
> and USRP. Any objections to this approach, or hints on what I should
> do different?
>
> Thanks for reading this,
> --
> Trond D.

hi Trond D.
i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
experience,thank you !
usama s. (Guest)
on 2011-11-21 00:44

> hi Trond D.
> i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
> experience,thank you !

Hi plz can you share some ideas of mc cdma in gnuradio with me.
waiting for you reply
xiao x. (Guest)
on 2011-11-26 13:55
usama s. wrote in post #1032828:

>> hi Trond D.
>> i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
>> experience,thank you !
>

> Hi plz can you share some ideas of mc cdma in gnuradio with me.
> waiting for you reply

Hi usama_s. i think DSSS maybe a good choice.The most difficult point is
synchronism. i am learning how to implement,we can communicate with each
other
usama s. (Guest)
on 2011-11-28 15:32
xiao xiao wrote in post #1033794:
> usama s. wrote in post #1032828:
>>>
>>> hi Trond D.
>>> i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
>>> experience,thank you !
>>

>> Hi plz can you share some ideas of mc cdma in gnuradio with me.
>> waiting for you reply
>
> Hi usama_s. i think DSSS maybe a good choice.The most difficult point is
> synchronism. i am learning how to implement,we can communicate with each
> other

Dear xiao xiao . Are you spreading with any built-in block or you are
making new (Your own) . i am confuse with spreading the signal how to
spread each bit with 8 or 16 bit.

Thank you