Forum: Ruby on Rails Plugins - Gems, not working?

tom (Guest)

I have just installed the Gems pluign, however when everI attempt to
start rails now I get the following error.

Am I missing some code or is there a stage I have missed to get this
wokring?

Thanks
tom

=> Booting WEBrick...
./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gems/init.rb:10:in `load_plugin':
undefined
 method `load_paths' for Dependencies:Module (NoMethodError)
        from ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gems/init.rb:5:in
`load_plugin
'
Rick O. (Guest)
On 1/16/07, tom <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> tom
>
> => Booting WEBrick...
> ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gems/init.rb:10:in `load_plugin':
> undefined
>  method `load_paths' for Dependencies:Module (NoMethodError)
>         from ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gems/init.rb:5:in
> `load_plugin
> '

Oh, it probably requires Rails 1.2

--
Rick O.
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net
> Oh, it probably requires Rails 1.2
>
> --
> Rick O.
> http://weblog.techno-weenie.net
> http://mephistoblog.com

ok cool,

is anyone aware of any documentation available on how to deploy a gem
locally on a  shared host?

Cheers
Rick O. (Guest)
On 1/16/07, tom <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> is anyone aware of any documentation available on how to deploy a gem
> locally on a  shared host?
>
> Cheers

The plugin is about 10 lines of code!   the rake task will install it
just fine.  The only thing that changed was how the plugin sets up the
lib paths.  Use svn and rollback a few times and find a good revision:

http://bs.techno-weenie.net/!history/2660/plugins/...

1177 should be fine for rails 1.1.6

http://bs.techno-weenie.net/!source/1177/plugins/g...

--