Forum: Ruby The Ruby Soundtrack

Chris Lloyd (Guest)
I'm in no way promoting/affialiated this band or the site or anthing
like that, but I thought it was a pretty cool song. When I've been
working and my non-nerd friends ask where I am they all roll their
eyes and say somthing along the lines of "he's getting cosy with Ruby
again". My ex-girlfriend couldn't figure out who this girl "Ruby" was.
She was pretty jealous until she realised that it was "just a
programming language". She should have been more worried.

So, hope you like the song. The great language got an awesome
soundtrack!

http://www.spin.com/features/heythisisawesome/2007...
Chris G. (Guest)
on 2007-01-16 17:06
Chris Lloyd wrote:
> So, hope you like the song. The great language got an awesome
> soundtrack!
>
> http://www.spin.com/features/heythisisawesome/2007...

This song is okay, but I greatly prefer the classics, such as "Ruby
Tuesday" and "Ruby Soho".

;)
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
Chris G. wrote:

Classics? How could you omit

http://www.steelydan.com/lyrnightfly.html#track3

??? ;)

I want to see a web site rating programming languages by the number of
pop songs about them.
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
Chris G. wrote:

> ;)

And of course, "Ruby ... don't take your love to town" :)

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/

If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given
rabbits fire.
Matt Gillooly (Guest)
Chris G. wrote:

> ;)

Lesser known, but quite good is track 4 on this album...
http://www.amazon.com/Play-Your-Head-Candy-Butcher...