Forum: Ruby IDE

IDE
Adrian R. (Guest)
on 2007-01-12 18:59
Hi

I was wishing to get an IDE to use with ruby, after trying eclipse
(which appears to be good but complicated) I thought about using
Mondrian. After downloading it for my Ubuntu I went ahead to try install
it. After many attempts to do this (building the required libs etc) I
have come up against a problem that I as of yet can not seem to solve

adrianr@geko80:~$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'fox16'
LoadError: libFOX-1.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory - /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i486-linux/fox16.so
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i486-linux/fox16.so
        from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0>

Having checked whether this lib is there (it is),what should I do!! I
have run out of ideas on how to move further
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 1/12/07, Adrian R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I was wishing to get an IDE to use with ruby, after trying eclipse
> (which appears to be good but complicated) I thought about using
> Mondrian. After downloading it for my Ubuntu I went ahead to try install
> it. After many attempts to do this (building the required libs etc) I
> have come up against a problem that I as of yet can not seem to solve

<snip>

The answer to this question can be found in the FXRuby U.'s Guide.
Sachin Gadkar (Guest)
I think vim is the best editor.. just set the syntax highlighting etc
for
ruby..