Forum: Ruby cooloptions 1.1.0 Released

Nathaniel T. (Guest)
cooloptions version 1.1.0 has been released!

  http://cooloptions.rubyforge.org/

As a huge fan of optparse due to its flexibility, self-documenting
nature, and ease of use, I nevertheless found myself doing almost the
exact same thing with it over and over again, and decided to write a
thin wrapper around it to handle the common cases. Thus CoolOptions
was born. CoolOptions is a simple wrapper around optparse that
provides less configuration and more convenience for doing
command-line option handling.

Changes:

== 1.1.0 / 2007-01-10

* Incremented the version number to more rationally reflect the addition
of
  CoolOptions#desc in 1.0.5.
* Fixed handling of overlapping automatic short options.

  http://cooloptions.rubyforge.org/

--
Nathaniel T.

<:((><
Markus L. (Guest)
Hi Nathaniel,

I just tried to install cooloptions (sound like I should have it :-) and
get the following output:

D:\programme\ruby\ruby182\lib\ruby\gems\1.8>gem inst hoe --remote
Install required dependency zentest? [Yn]
Install required dependency hoe? [Yn]
Install required dependency zentest? [Yn]
Install required dependency hoe? [Yn]

Could it be that there is circular dependency that gem cannot handle? Is
there some option (of gem) to load all dependent gems as well and not
asking for it?

Bye
  Markus

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:56:19 +0100, Nathaniel T.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Gregory B. (Guest)
On 1/10/07, Nathaniel T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> command-line option handling.
Nathaniel, nice work!  I'll be giving this a try in work later this
week.  Thanks!
Eric H. (Guest)
On Jan 14, 2007, at 06:15, Markus L. wrote:

> Could it be that there is circular dependency that gem cannot
> handle? Is there some option (of gem) to load all dependent gems as
> well and not asking for it?

See the "Hoe poisoned in Rubyforge" thread for a workaround.

YOU LIT MY GEM ON FIRE!
Nathaniel T. (Guest)

> Nathaniel, nice work!  I'll be giving this a try in work later this
> week.  Thanks!

My pleasure! Once you get a chance to use it, I'd love to hear any
feedback you have.

--
Nathaniel T.

<:((><
Markus L. (Guest)
Hi Eric,

that solved it for me. Thank's a lot.

Bye
  Markus

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:25:03 +0100, Eric H.
On 1/14/07, Nathaniel T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 1/14/07, Gregory B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Nathaniel, nice work!  I'll be giving this a try in work later this
> > week.  Thanks!
>
> My pleasure! Once you get a chance to use it, I'd love to hear any
> feedback you have.

I'm thinking of including it as an optional feature[0] in our code
generation tool for Ruport.
Once i test it out a bit, hopefully I can hack something together.

Thanks again!
-greg

[0] http://tinyurl.com/ygm355