Forum: Ruby January Phoenix Ruby Users Group meeting

James B. (Guest)
What:   The January Phoenix Ruby U. Group meeting
When:   Monday, January 8, at 6:15pm,
Where:  Axway (formerly known as Cyclone Commerce)

Please see

  http://www.rubyaz.org/groups/prug/

for a map and directions

Topic:  Ruby and Amazon Web Services examples, plus whatever other stuff

Next month we're having Mike Culver from Amazon Web Services come give a
special presentation on Amazon's Simple Storage, Elastic Cloud
Computing, and other neatness from AWS.    In preparation, I (James)
will demo some  Ruby tools for AWS.

If anyone else has any topics or code that they would like to present,
please let me know, or just come prepared and show it.

Important note:  The plans for the February meeting have been revised.
We're still having a speaker from Amazon Web Services, but we'll be
meeting on our usual day: second Monday of the month; February 12.

--
James B.

"You harmonize; then you customize."
  - Wilson Pickett
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
James B. wrote:
> Topic:  Ruby and Amazon Web Services examples, plus whatever other stuff
>
> Important note:  The plans for the February meeting have been revised.
> We're still having a speaker from Amazon Web Services, but we'll be
> meeting on our usual day: second Monday of the month; February 12.
For the benefit of non-Phoenix Rubyists interested in AWS, will this be
available on the Web?

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/

If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given
rabbits fire.
James B. (Guest)
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> James B. wrote:

>> Important note:  The plans for the February meeting have been revised.
>> We're still having a speaker from Amazon Web Services, but we'll be
>> meeting on our usual day: second Monday of the month; February 12.
> For the benefit of non-Phoenix Rubyists interested in AWS, will this be
> available on the Web?

Doubtful.  I know of no plans to record this in any way.

But: Folks from Amazon Web Services are available to come to your own
local meeting.  (That's what they do.  Seems like a pretty cool job!)

You can see their schedule here:

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2006/12/evangelists_on_.html

(Though, on inspection, I see that it is out of date with regard to the
Phoenix meeting.  But close enough.)

That post has an E-mail address where you can inquire into having
someone come to your group.

--
James B.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly
  universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded
by
  uncertainty cannot be the truth."
  - R. Feynman