Forum: Ruby Win32OLE and PDF

Youssef Y. (Guest)
on 2007-01-07 19:14
Does anyone know how to use Win32OLE to connect to an opened pdf
document ?

I tried this acrobat

    require "win32ole"
    WIN32OLE.new('AcroExch.App')

but I got this error :

pdfEbook.rb:12:in `initialize': unknown OLE server: `AcroExch.App'
(WIN32OLERuntimeError)
    HRESULT error code:0x800401f3
      Invalid class string  from

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks
Jan S. (Guest)
On 1/7/07, Youssef Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> pdfEbook.rb:12:in `initialize': unknown OLE server: `AcroExch.App'
> (WIN32OLERuntimeError)
>     HRESULT error code:0x800401f3
>       Invalid class string  from
>
> Any help is appreciated..
>
> Thanks

Though I don't know the exact app name, try this:

1. there was a thread on starting acrobat through ole (the poster used
the same ID)  maybe you can tyr his code - search for acrobat in the
archives

2. look for a thread named 'Ruby and COM' - somebody explains how to
find out what is the exact app name
Youssef Y. (Guest)
on 2007-01-07 21:50
Jan S. wrote:
> On 1/7/07, Youssef Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> pdfEbook.rb:12:in `initialize': unknown OLE server: `AcroExch.App'
>> (WIN32OLERuntimeError)
>>     HRESULT error code:0x800401f3
>>       Invalid class string  from
>>
>> Any help is appreciated..
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Though I don't know the exact app name, try this:
>
> 1. there was a thread on starting acrobat through ole (the poster used
> the same ID)  maybe you can tyr his code - search for acrobat in the
> archives
>
> 2. look for a thread named 'Ruby and COM' - somebody explains how to
> find out what is the exact app name

Thanks Jan,
I found the thread: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/88013#166809

I'm reading it now