Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Garbage collector and bigger projects

Detlef R. (Guest)

i have an other problem with the 0.16 version in an a little bit bigger
project.

If the code grows at some point it seams that the garbage collector
kills my callbacks (made with libglade). Then it gives me the following
error message:

gladetest.rb:226: warning: GRClosure invoking callback: already
destroyed

To get it again working it is enough to simply comment out some lines of
the code.

Cheers
detlef

Am Sonntag, den 07.01.2007, 14:39 +0100 schrieb Detlef R.:
> Hi,

i think i found at least a part of the problem.

in

  libglade/rbglade.c

on line 180 the objects get protected from the gc:

  rb_funcall(self, rb_intern("guard_sources_from_gc"), 0);

But this call iterates over the complete widget tree and not from the
selected xml-root.

Sorry, no solution from my side, cause i don't know that much about the
binding stuff.

Cheers
detlef

> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p...

In <1168177165.5874.10.camel@datengrab>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Garbage collector and bigger projects" on Sun,
07 Jan 2007 14:39:24 +0100,
  Detlef R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> i have an other problem with the 0.16 version in an a little bit bigger
> project.
>
> If the code grows at some point it seams that the garbage collector
> kills my callbacks (made with libglade). Then it gives me the following
> error message:
>

> gladetest.rb:226: warning: GRClosure invoking callback: already
> destroyed

Could you give us a sample script to reproduce the problem?

kou

your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p...