Forum: Ruby file attributes

Krekna M. (Guest)
Lo!

Busy with my program, I run in to 2 questions.

In a certain method I want to open a ssh connection by a certain user.
I need to sudo to an ssh user to make the passwordless connection via
public-private key authorization. How can I do this in Ruby?
FYI: I am not allowed to use sudo su - ssh -c [ssh command].

Thanks,
Krekna
Jan S. (Guest)
On 1/5/07, Krekna M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Lo!
>
> Busy with my program, I run in to 2 questions.
>
> In a certain method I want to open a ssh connection by a certain user.
> I need to sudo to an ssh user to make the passwordless connection via
> public-private key authorization. How can I do this in Ruby?
> FYI: I am not allowed to use sudo su - ssh -c [ssh command].

1. you can start programs by `command` or Kernel#system, or IO#popen
2. you probably want to call `sudo -u <username> ssh -c <command>`
   or even
  user = 'joe'
  cmd = 'ls'
  `sudo -u #{user} ssh -c #{cmd}`
  but then be careful what you are passing there.