Forum: Ruby how to run SciTE from any path

Li C. (Guest)
Hi all,

Sometimes I need to start SciTE from a console. But I
can run it from only one folder which contains
SciTE.exe under XP.  Is it possible to run it from any
path?

Thanks,

Li
Gregory B. (Guest)
On 1/3/07, chen li <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sometimes I need to start SciTE from a console. But I
> can run it from only one folder which contains
> SciTE.exe under XP.  Is it possible to run it from any
> path?

This is not really a ruby question, so it is a bit off topic for this
list.  (Even though Ruby O.-Click does bundle SciTE).

You can make it possible to run any executable by adding it to your
path.

See Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables ->
PATH and add the correct path there.
Li C. (Guest)
--- Gregory B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> PATH and add the correct path there.
Thank you very much,

Li
Jason M. (Guest)
On 1/4/07, chen li <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Do You Yahoo!?
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> I just changed the file associations to that it always opened a ruby file
with scite.  you can always run programs from within there anyway.