Forum: Ruby Tk problem

Chris F. (Guest)
on 2007-01-03 13:01
Hi, I get the following message when trying to use Tk
"This application has failed to start because tk84.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I am using Ruby 1.8.4.

Has anyone else come across this? I thought Tk was included in ruby.

Or am I missing something?

Chris.
Gregor K. (Guest)
Chris F. schrieb:
> Chris.

Youre missing par example activetcl from activestate if you are using
windows.
Gregor K. (Guest)

> Youre missing par example activetcl from activestate if you are using
> windows.

Sorry for double posting.
In Ruby are only the bindings to tcl. You need a tcl distribution wich
you can get her for example:
http://www.activestate.com/

Choose here ActiveTCL (its free)
Chris F. (Guest)
on 2007-01-03 14:20
I have got Tk working - but now want to use Tile to give native look and
feel.
I have used the following code:
Tk::Tile.__Import_Tile_Widgets__

but get in reply:

uninitialized constant Tk::Tile
 from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1869:in `const_missing'

Tile appears in:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tkextlib

How do I make it work?

Chris
Hidetoshi NAGAI (Guest)
From: Chris F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Subject: Re: Tk problem
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:20:35 +0900
> I have got Tk working - but now want to use Tile to give native look and
> feel.
> I have used the following code:
> Tk::Tile.__Import_Tile_Widgets__
>
> but get in reply:
>
> uninitialized constant Tk::Tile
>  from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1869:in `const_missing'

Did you call "require 'tkextlib/tile'"?
If so, did you install Tile extension for your Tcl/Tk?

# ActiveTcl binary package includes Tile extension.

> Tile appears in:
> C:\InstantRails\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tkextlib

That is a wrapper library for Tile extension.
It requires Tcl/Tk's Tile libraries.