Forum: Ruby on Rails Why doesn't any ajax work on my linux/lighttpd server

Jon D. (Guest)
on 2007-01-02 19:39
hello all!

so i've got my app running great with sortable lists, fading objects and
what not.  but when i upload everything to my fedora core 5 server
running lighttpd, all the ajax stuff doesn't work. has anyone
experienced the same problem? any info would be very appreciated!
thank!

Jon
Dan M. (Guest)
Jon D. wrote:
> but when i upload everything to my fedora core 5 server
> running lighttpd, all the ajax stuff doesn't work

Check to make sure you can access your javascript files through
lighttpd.  If that is working, install Firebug ( http://getfirebug.com/
) and use it along with the Rails log to debug the AJAX requests.

Dan M.