Forum: Ruby on Rails Agile WebDev: Iteration D1: Ajax malfunction Take 2

Jee (Guest)
Ok, I already posted this a couple of hours ago, but it didn't show up,
so I am going to try again!

I believe I have followed all the instructions properly and have frozen
rails on the edge, but when I try to add items to the cart, the cart
does not update like Ajax is supposed to.  If I hit <F5>, the items are
there.  Hmmm...

The development log shows the following:
Processing StoreController#add_to_cart (for 127.0.0.1 at 2006-12-18
16:39:57) [POST]
  Session ID: af9f55eacb478a8c1c7d161c06a52a3d
  Parameters: {"commit"=>"Add to Cart", "action"=>"add_to_cart",
"id"=>"2", "controller"=>"store"}
   [4;36;1mProduct Columns (0.000000) [0m    [0;1mSHOW FIELDS FROM
products [0m
   [4;35;1mProduct Load (0.016000) [0m    [0mSELECT * FROM products
WHERE (products.id = 2)  [0m
Rendering  within layouts/store
Rendering store/add_to_cart
Rendered store/_cart_item (0.00000)
Rendered store/_cart_item (0.00000)
Rendered store/_cart (0.00000)
Completed in 0.01600 (62 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00000 (0%) | DB:
0.01600 (100%) | 200 OK [http://localhost/store/add_to_cart/2]

I am such a newb that I am not even sure the above indicates an error.
It doesn't SAY error anywhere.
Any help pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jee
Dave T. (Guest)
On Dec 18, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Jee wrote:

> Ok, I already posted this a couple of hours ago, but it didn't show
> up,
> so I am going to try again!
>
> I believe I have followed all the instructions properly and have
> frozen
> rails on the edge, but when I try to add items to the cart, the cart
> does not update like Ajax is supposed to.  If I hit <F5>, the items
> are
> there.  Hmmm...

Have you tried downloading the code from the book's site and running it?

Assuming it runs OK (and it does here), then you can look for
differences between it and your code. My bet is that there's no
javascript include directive in your layout, so the JavaScript
libraries aren't being loaded.

Comparing your code with the standard code for the book is a great
way to diagnose this kind of subtle issue.

Cheers

Dave
Conrad T. (Guest)
Hi, did you execute the 'rake rails:update' after freezing?

-Conrad