Forum: Ruby on Rails compiled rails web app?

dipesh (Guest)
on 2006-12-30 12:12
This is a very wearied question. But i really need to do something like
this. Hope somebody can help. Can i compile the .rb files in the rails
web app into a single binary. Similar to something what happens in
ASP.net. You can pre-compile the source code files into a binary and
then that single binary is used to handle everything. My objective is to
somehow restrict the access to my source code files as my rails web app
need to be run on local machine.
Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-12-30 12:48
dipesh wrote:
> This is a very wearied question. But i really need to do something like
> this. Hope somebody can help. Can i compile the .rb files in the rails
> web app into a single binary. Similar to something what happens in
> ASP.net. You can pre-compile the source code files into a binary and
> then that single binary is used to handle everything. My objective is to
> somehow restrict the access to my source code files as my rails web app
> need to be run on local machine.

This is the closest thing you can get right now
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html
Elad M. (Guest)

Genearally Rails is based on Ruby now, which does not have a byte code
yet.
byte code is supposed to come out on version 2, then it might be
possible to create a binary web applications, for now? impossible as
far is i know