Forum: Ruby on Rails Simple: Where is the blank? method defined

Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-12-30 02:39
I can't figure out which part of Rails defines the blank? method.  Where
does this happen?

Wes
Rob B. (Guest)
On Dec 29, 2006, at 7:39 PM, Wes G. wrote:

> I can't figure out which part of Rails defines the blank? method.
> Where
> does this happen?
>
> Wes

ActiveSupport, specifically, in vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
active_support/core_ext/blank.rb (or the equivalent path in the gem
directory)

-Rob

Rob B.		http://agileconsultingllc.com
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Phlip (Guest)
Wes G. wrote:

> I can't figure out which part of Rails defines the blank? method.

locate .rb | xargs grep def.blank\\\?

?

Alternately, hit www.google.com/codesearch and enter def.blank\?

--