Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 [ANN] Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0

Masao M. (Guest)
Hi Forks,

Sorry for late, but now Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0 is available.
Enjoy!

Note: I canceled to release Ruby/GStreamaer and Ruby/Libgda
because they've not been maintained for a long time and
they can't be compiled against the latest version of those C libraries.

Highlights
==========
  * Fixed serious bugs (depends on GC)
  * Support GTK+-2.10 and the latest version of each libraries.
  * Don't include Ruby/GStreamer and Ruby/Libgda. We cancel to
    support Ruby/GStreamer and Ruby/Libgda.
  * Cancel to support ruby-1.6.x and GTK+-2.4 or earlier.

Thanks to
=========
Thanks to all the people who contributed in some way to this release:
  Guillaume C., Kouhei S., Pascal T., Sjoerd S.

Changes since version 0.15.0
============================
  * Ruby/GLib
      - Support GLib+-2.10 APIs. [Kouhei S., Masao M.]
      - Fix segfaults related GC with signal handlers. [Guillaume
Cottenceau, Kouhei S.]
      - Add functions for Unicode Manipulation [Kouhei S.]
        GLib::Unicode, GLib::UTF8, GLib::UTF16, GLib::UCS4,
GLib::UniChar
      - Add Key-value file parser [Masao M.]
        GLib::KeyFile
      - Add Bookmark file parser [Masao M.]
        GLib::BookmarkFile
      - Add Win32 compatibility functions [Masao M.]
        GLib::Win32
      - Add glib-mkenums.rb [Kouhei S., Masao M.]
      - Other improvement and fix bugs.[Kouhei S., Masao M.]

  * Ruby/ATK
      - Support ATK-1.12 APIs. [Masao M.]

  * Ruby/Pango
      - Support Pango-1.2, 1.4 APIs [Masao M.]
      - Fix some bugs. [Masao M.]

  * Ruby/GdkPixbuf
      - Move Cairo::Context#set_source_pixbuf from Ruby/GTK.[Kouhei
Sutou]
        You can use the methods unless X server.

  * Ruby/GTK
      - Support GTK+-2.10. [Pascal T., Kouhei S., Masao M.]
        Gtk::PrintUnixDialog, Gtk::PageSetupUnixDialog, Gtk::Print*,
Gtk::PageSet
        Gtk::LinkButton, Gtk::Recent*, Gtk::Assistant, Gtk::StatusIcon
      - Other improvement and fix bugs [Sjoerd S., Kouhei S.,
Masao M.]

  * Ruby/GNOME
      - None.

  * Ruby/GnomeCanvas
      - Fixed a bug and trivial improvement. [Masao M.]

  * Ruby/Libglade
      - Fixed some bugs and trivial improvement. [Kouhei S., Masao
Mutoh]

  * Ruby/Libart
      - a trivial improvement. [Kouhei S.]

  * Ruby/GConf
      - Sample code cleanup. [Masao M.]

  * Ruby/GnomeVFS
      - None.

  * Ruby/GtkHtml2
      - None.

  * Ruby/GtkGLExt
      - None.

  * Ruby/PanelApplet
      - None. Deprecated (Use Gtk::StatusIcon in Ruby/GTK+)

  * Ruby/GtkSourceView
      - Support gtksourceview-1.8. Some improvements. [Kouhei S.,
Masao M.]

  * Ruby/GnomePrint
      - None.

  * Ruby/GnomePrintUI
      - a trivial improvement. [Kouhei S.]

  * Ruby/RSVG
      - Added a sample [Kouhei S.]
      - Improved, fixed bugs [Kouhei S.]

  * Ruby/GtkMozEmbed
      - a trivial improvement. [Masao M.]

  * Ruby/Poppler
      - Improved, fixed bugs [Kouhei S.]

  * Ruby/VTE
      - None.

  * Ruby/GStreamer, Ruby/Libgda
      - Canceled.

--
.:% Masao M.<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 23:50 +0900, Masao M. wrote:
> Hi Forks,
>
> Sorry for late, but now Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0 is available.
> Enjoy!
>
> Note: I canceled to release Ruby/GStreamaer and Ruby/Libgda
> because they've not been maintained for a long time and
> they can't be compiled against the latest version of those C libraries.

I might be interested in working on these in some of my spare time.

Aria
Masao M. (Guest)

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:43:10 -0700
Aredridel <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 23:50 +0900, Masao M. wrote:
> > Hi Forks,

> I might be interested in working on these in some of my spare time.

Thanks.

But I need to explain some reason why I canceled them.

* Ruby/GStreamer
Yet another Ruby/GStreamer binding(but it's support gstreamer-0.10.0)
was released by Sjoerd. I think it's better to hep him.

* Ruby/Libgda
There are some other libraries for same purpose such as ruby-dbi.
I don't know the advantage to use it unless using ruby-dbi and others.

Now, I'm considering to cancel to maintain some sub-libraries to reduce
my tasks on this project.

The second targets are Ruby/GtkHtml2, Ruby/GnomeVFS.
They've not been well maintained and there are other libraries for same
purpose such as Ruby/GtkMozembed, open-uri, Net::*.

Of course, if someone become the maintainer of these libraries, we can
keep to
include them into ruby-gnome2-all.

Hi Masao,

> Sorry for late, but now Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0 is available.

Thanks for the release and your hard work. Seems that this release
works fine with my programs (maybe you should submit a candidate
release to the list before the actual release, so that we can discover
the small glitches that appeared a little while later?).

>   * Ruby/GTK
>       - Support GTK+-2.10. [Pascal T., Kouhei S., Masao M.]
>         Gtk::PrintUnixDialog, Gtk::PageSetupUnixDialog, Gtk::Print*, Gtk::PageSet
>         Gtk::LinkButton, Gtk::Recent*, Gtk::Assistant, Gtk::StatusIcon

Notice that I did quite a few of them.

Best regards.

--
Guillaume C. - http://zarb.org/~gc/

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:03:37 +0100
"Guillaume C." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Masao,
>
> > Sorry for late, but now Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0 is available.
>
> Thanks for the release and your hard work. Seems that this release
> works fine with my programs (maybe you should submit a candidate
> release to the list before the actual release, so that we can discover
> the small glitches that appeared a little while later?).

If some serious bug are fixed, I may release 0.16.1.

> >   * Ruby/GTK
> >       - Support GTK+-2.10. [Pascal T., Kouhei S., Masao M.]
> >         Gtk::PrintUnixDialog, Gtk::PageSetupUnixDialog, Gtk::Print*, Gtk::PageSet
> >         Gtk::LinkButton, Gtk::Recent*, Gtk::Assistant, Gtk::StatusIcon
>
> Notice that I did quite a few of them.

Oops. I'm so sorry. I appreciate your great helps ;).

I get the following error when I try to compile the bindings for Pango
in Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0:

gcc -I. -I/home/mathieu/Desktop/sources/ruby-gnome2-all-0.16.0/glib/src
-I. -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i486-linux -I.././pango -DHAVE_OBJECT_ALLOCATE
-DHAVE_NODE_ATTRASGN -DHAVE_RB_CAIRO_H -DRUBY_PANGO_COMPILATION
-I/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i486-linux -fPIC -Wall -g
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -fPIC -Wall -I/usr/include/pango-1.0
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include/libpng12 -c rbpangolayoutiter.c
rbpangolayoutiter.c: In function ‘layout_iter_copy’:
rbpangolayoutiter.c:27: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to
incomplete type ‘PangoLayoutIter’
rbpangolayoutiter.c:28: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
rbpangolayoutiter.c:28: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [rbpangolayoutiter.o] Error 1

Any idea how to fix this ?

My environment is an up-to-date Debian sid.

libpango1.0-0 1.14.8-5
libglib2.0-0 2.12.6-2
libgtk2.0-0 2.8.20-5

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr
--enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls
--program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu
--enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --with-tune=i686
--enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

The other modules compile fine.

Thank you,
Mathieu

security?
easier.
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
Kouhei S. (Guest)

2007/2/2, Mathieu B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
> My environment is an up-to-date Debian sid.
>
> libpango1.0-0 1.14.8-5

It seems that your Ruby/Pango can't detect your Pango version correctly.
Could you re-run extconf.rb?

kou