Forum: Ruby Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0

Masao M. (Guest)

Ruby-GNOME2-0.16.0 is out. Enjoy!

Highlights
==========
  * Fixed serious bugs (depends on GC)
  * Support GTK+-2.10 and the latest version of each libraries.
  * Don't include Ruby/GStreamer and Ruby/Libgda. We cancel to
    support Ruby/GStreamer and Ruby/Libgda.
  * Cancel to support ruby-1.6.x and GTK+-2.4 or earlier.

See the NEWS for more details:
  http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?News_20061229_1

Downloads
=========

* ruby-gtk2-x.x.x.tar.gz
  The minimum package which includes
  Ruby/GLib2, Ruby/ATK, Ruby/GdkPixbuf2, Ruby/Pango, Ruby/GTK2.

* ruby-gnome2-all-x.x.x.tar.gz
  All Ruby-GNOME2 libraries.

* ruby-gtk2-x.x.x-x-i386-msvcrt-1.8.zip
  The binary package for One-Click Ruby Installer.
  Ruby/GLib2, Ruby/ATK, Ruby/GdkPixbuf2, Ruby/Pango, Ruby/GTK2,
  Ruby/Libglade2, Ruby/GtkGLExt, Ruby/Libart.
  With rcairo-1.2.0.

Thanks to
=========
Thanks to all the people who contributed in some way to this release:
   Guillaume C., Kouhei S., Pascal T., Sjoerd S.

What's Ruby-GNOME2?
===================
Ruby-GNOME2 is a set of Ruby language bindings for
the GNOME 2.x development environment.

Supported libraries are below.

== Core libraries
* Ruby/GLib2        - the low-level core library that forms the basis
* Ruby/ATK          - a set of interfaces for accessibility
* Ruby/Pango        - layout and rendering of text, with an emphasis
                      on internationalization
* Ruby/GdkPixbuf2   - image loading and manipulation
* Ruby/GTK2         - GUI widgets

== Extra libraries
* Ruby/GConf2       - a process-transparent configuration database, like
Registry
* Ruby/GNOME2       - containing extra widgets
* Ruby/GnomeCanvas2 - a widget for creating interactive structured
graphics
* Ruby/GnomePrint   - printing
* Ruby/GnomePrintUI - GUIs for printing
* Ruby/GnomeVFS     - letting applications seamlessly access remote and
local files
* Ruby/GStreamer    - mulimedia framework for Audio/Video
* Ruby/GtkGLExt     - 3D rendering using OpenGL
* Ruby/GtkHtml2     - a HTML widget
* Ruby/GtkMozeEmbed - a widget embedding a Mozilla Gecko renderer.
* Ruby/GtkSourceView- a Text widget with syntax highlighting and other
                                        features typical of a source
code editor.
* Ruby/Libart2      - handles the drawing capabilities
* Ruby/Libgda       - an interface to the GDA(GNU Data Access)
architecture
                                to access data sources such as
Databases, LDAP.
* Ruby/Libglade2    - gives applications the ability to load user
interfaces
                                  from XML files at runtime. the XML
files are created
                                  with GLADE user interface builder.
* Ruby/PanelApplet  - panel applets library for the GNOME panel.
* Ruby/Poppler         - a PDF rendering library based on the xpdf-3.0
code base
* Ruby/RSVG         - rendering of SVG vector graphics.
* Ruby/VTE            - a terminal emulator widget used by GNOME
terminal.

Resources
=========
- Mailing lists
  http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=53614

- Project website
  (English)        http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/
  (Spanish)        http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/es/
  (French)         http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/fr/
  (German)         http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/de/
  (Italian)        http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/it/
  (Japanese)       http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/ja/
  (Portuguese(BR)) http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/pt_BR/

- Ruby-GNOME2 API Reference
  (English)
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby-GN...
  (Japanese)
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/ja/hiki.cgi?Ruby...

- Tutorials
  (English)        http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?tutorials
  (French)
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/fr/hiki.cgi?tutoriels
  (German)
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/de/hiki.cgi?tutoriais
  (Italian)
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/it/hiki.cgi?tutorials
  (Japanese)
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/ja/hiki.cgi?tutorials
  (Portuguese(BR))
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/pt_BR/hiki.cgi?tutoriais

- Samples
  http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Samples

- Other resources
  http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Links
Tom A. (Guest)
Masao M. wrote:
>   * Cancel to support ruby-1.6.x and GTK+-2.4 or earlier.
>   Ruby/GLib2, Ruby/ATK, Ruby/GdkPixbuf2, Ruby/Pango, Ruby/GTK2.
> Thanks to
>
> * Ruby/GNOME2       - containing extra widgets
> * Ruby/Libart2      - handles the drawing capabilities
> Resources
>   (Japanese)       http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/ja/
>   (German)         http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/de/hiki.cgi?tutoriais
>   (Italian)        http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/it/hiki.cgi?tutorials
>   (Japanese)       http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/ja/hiki.cgi?tutorials
>   (Portuguese(BR)) http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/pt_BR/hiki.cgi?tutoriais
>
> - Samples
>   http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Samples
>
> - Other resources
>   http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Links

Masao, you rock!!!!!  Many thanks for this release!!!

Tom
Jonas P. (Guest)
Hey, nice work :)

I'm wondering what it would take to update the GStreamer library to
0.10.
It's kinda sad to have to drop this lib.

Cheers,
  zimba