Forum: Ruby on Rails Recognition error on custom action?

Taylor S. (Guest)
   <%= link_to "Remove",   :controller => "referrals",
                           :action => "remove",
                           :id => referral %>

CONTROLLER:
  def remove
    referral = Referral(params[:id])
    referral.update_attribute(body, "Removed by user request on
#{Date.today}")
    redirect_to(:controller => "people", :action => "show", :id =>
@person.id)
  end

ERROR:
Application error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
(like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

Recognition failed for "/referral/remove/3"
action_controller/routing.rb:522:in `recognition_failed'
action_controller/routing.rb:512:in `recognize!'

I guess the egg nog is making my brain slow but I haven't the slightest
idea why Rails is crapping out on this.  Do I need to use a form instead
of a link_to?
Long (Guest)
Taylor S. wrote:
> #{Date.today}")
>     redirect_to(:controller => "people", :action => "show", :id =>
> @person.id)
>   end

Usually the stack trace also say which line number throws the error.

I wonder >body< is defined anywhere? Or perhaps 'body'?

Long
Taylor S. (Guest)
on 2006-12-27 07:24
Strangely the error is just a blank white page with the 'Application
Error' text, not the normal Rails trace.