Forum: Ruby on Rails quicktime movies

Denise E. (Guest)

I'm trying to put a quicktime movie into a page in my rails app, but
if I use an embed statement on the page, it issues a GET command that
is routed to the controller/method that is rendering the rhtml and
sending the movie name as the id.

Do I need to do something to make the routing behave differently?
or is there something else I can do to get the embed statement to
work properly?

Here is the embed statement ( which works in an html page outside of
Rails):

	<embed src="SmallFry.mov" type="video/quicktime" width="320"
height="256" kioskmode="false" autostart="false" hspace="15"
vspace="15" align="middle"></embed>

And here is the error I get:

NoMethodError (You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!

Apparently it is trying to execute my_action with "SmalFry.mov" as
the id.

   Parameters: {"action"=>"my_action", "id"=>"SmallFry.mov",
"controller"=>"my_controller"}

Any insight is much appreciated,
Denise
seth b. (Guest)
You need to put the movie in /public and reference it as...

src="/SmallFry.mov"

--
seth at subimage interactive
http://www.subimage.com/sublog/

That is all it took.   Thanks so much for your help.

Denise