Forum: Ruby on Rails newbie: Working with files - images/documents

Adam T. (Guest)
on 2006-12-21 17:20
Hey Guys

I have been working through the Agile Web D. book, and watched
a quicktime called "How to build a blog engine in 15 minutes" - it's all
helping!
I am playing around with my own stuff -  I have created a database and
amd using the scaffold frameworks to do all the work.

My question:
I'd like to be able to "upload" or at least work locally and COPY a file
to a directory and add it to my database - e.g. pick a file and use it
as an avatar in a memberlist? - any ideas how to do that?

Thanks!

Adam
Agnieszka F. (Guest)
on 2006-12-21 17:56
Adam T. wrote:
> Hey Guys
> My question:
> I'd like to be able to "upload" or at least work locally and COPY a file
> to a directory and add it to my database - e.g. pick a file and use it
> as an avatar in a memberlist? - any ideas how to do that?

Hello,

you may want to have a look at the file_column plugin and its RMagick
bindings:

http://www.kanthak.net/opensource/file_column/

--
Agnieszka
Alex W. (Guest)
Agnieszka F. wrote:
> Adam T. wrote:
>> Hey Guys
>> My question:
>> I'd like to be able to "upload" or at least work locally and COPY a file
>> to a directory and add it to my database - e.g. pick a file and use it
>> as an avatar in a memberlist? - any ideas how to do that?
>>

> Hello,
>
> you may want to have a look at the file_column plugin and its RMagick
> bindings:
>
> http://www.kanthak.net/opensource/file_column/
>
> --
> Agnieszka