Forum: Ruby on Rails AWDR the book: page 156 session_options

Christer N. (Guest)
on 2005-11-20 14:42
I'm trying to run the tests in chapter 12. My problem is,
session_options is undefined. I also find it strange that two different
versions of actionpack is being used, as the stack trace below
indicates.

Test file: depot_testing/test/functional/login_controller_tests.rb

  def test_index_without_user
    get :index
    assert_redirected_to :action => "login"
    assert_equal "Please log in", flash[:notice]
  end

C:\svn_christer\rails\depot_testing>ruby
test/functional/login_controller_test.r
Loaded suite test/functional/login_controller_test
Started
EEEE.
Finished in 1.222 seconds.

  1) Error:
test_index_without_user(LoginControllerTest):
NoMethodError: undefined method `session_options=' for
#<ActionController::TestR
equest:0x3f86ea8>
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.10.2/lib/action_controller/sessi
on_management.rb:115:in `process'
    c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.5.1/lib/action_controller/test_p
rocess.rb:260:in `process'
    (eval):3:in `get'
    test/functional/login_controller_test.rb:35:in
`test_index_without_user'
Christer (Guest)
on 2005-11-20 17:07
Remove old version of actionpack.
justin (Guest)
Christer wrote:
> Remove old version of actionpack.

Still a worry that RubyGems appeared to be allowing code from different
versions to be loaded.

    Justin