Forum: Ruby on Rails railish icons?

Steven Talcott S. (Guest)
on 2006-06-12 23:31
This is a little off topic but someone here knows, I'm sure... Does
anyone have a good site to find freely available standard icons for
things like add/edit/delete/save?

I'm looking for a set of clean and simple matching icons that capture
that Railsy-Web 2.0 feel...

Maybe icons aren't Railsy...

Steven
Robert D. (Guest)
Steven,

This is a little site I saw mentioned before - rather interesting too.
http://www.challenger.se/?icondb

- Robert D.
  http://www.techcfl.com
Joe C. (Guest)
The following is a very nice free icon set:

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

--
Joe C.
RailsPlayground.com

"The Eclipse project provides two icon sets,
an older one before Eclipse 3.1 M6 and the
current one. I personally use the older one,
because it "works" better with Win2K and OS X.

Both Eclipse icon sets are primarily pixel-based,
don't scale, but are quite easy to extend even
for developers, which often lack design experience.

Another great icon set is at tango-project.org.
You can download the 0.7.2 tango-icon-theme,
that already has many frequently used icons.
Tango provides all image resources and has info
about how to create new Tango-style icons.
Since you have the sources, you can produce SVGs
and so can scale your icons with the resolution,
which becomes more and more important."

--- "Robert W. Dempsey" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > anyone have a good site to find freely available standard icons for
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

http://www.ProblemSolvingSkill.net
Hone your problem-solving skills
John T. (Guest)
on 2006-06-13 01:41
I find that Crystal Clear and Nuvola icons are great. They are in png
format, and have sizes ranging from 16x16 up to 128x128.

There's lots from this site:
http://www.kde-look.org

Crystal Clear:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=25668

Nuvola:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=5358

Hope that helps,

john.

Bala P. wrote:
> I got the following email from Karsten for developing icons for Swing
> based application. I guess
> Tango can be used for anything. So you can create your own icons for
> items that you don't find
> anywhere else.
>
> "The Eclipse project provides two icon sets,
> an older one before Eclipse 3.1 M6 and the
> current one. I personally use the older one,
> because it "works" better with Win2K and OS X.
>
> Both Eclipse icon sets are primarily pixel-based,
> don't scale, but are quite easy to extend even
> for developers, which often lack design experience.
>
> Another great icon set is at tango-project.org.
> You can download the 0.7.2 tango-icon-theme,
> that already has many frequently used icons.
> Tango provides all image resources and has info
> about how to create new Tango-style icons.
> Since you have the sources, you can produce SVGs
> and so can scale your icons with the resolution,
> which becomes more and more important."
>
> --- "Robert W. Dempsey" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
>> > anyone have a good site to find freely available standard icons for
>> Rails mailing list
>> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>>

> http://www.ProblemSolvingSkill.net
> Hone your problem-solving skills