Forum: Ruby on Rails Pdf::Witer question

Bojan M. (Guest)
Does anyone knows how to embed Type1 font with PDF::Writer? I read
manual, tried everything but nothing seems to work (The font 'FontName'
contains a bad /BBox error on PDF).

any help or hint would be really appreciated,
Bojan M.

--
Bojan M.
Informatika Mihelac, Bojan M. s.p.  |  www.informatikamihelac.com
> Does anyone knows how to embed Type1 font with PDF::Writer? I read
> manual, tried everything but nothing seems to work (The font 'FontName'
> contains a bad /BBox error on PDF).
>
> any help or hint would be really appreciated,

There are some bugs related to font loading that I have not had time to
resolve.

A /BBox error is always related to a problem with the .afm file.

-austin
--
Austin Z. * removed_email_address@domain.invalid * http://www.halostatue.ca/
               * removed_email_address@domain.invalid *
               * removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Bojan M. (Guest)
Thanks for answer Austin. Do you have any hint what could be done to
avoid font embeding? I wanted to embed font because of need for some
ISO-8859-2 (or windows-1250) characters which are not available in PDF
standard encodings. I also tried to use UTF-16BE strings, without
success.

thanks for your answer in advance,
Bojan M.