Forum: Ruby on Rails standard way of downloading & using rails standard plugins

Medha K. (Guest)

I am a newbie to ruby & rails.
Can anybody give me some inputs as to how to download & use standard
rails
plugins.

Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.
Benjamin C. (Guest)
You can use the command-line script 'plugin' in the scripts directory
of your rails app to install plugins.  You can find available plugins
at the rails plugin directory at http://www.agilewebdevelopment.com/
plugins and run ./script/plugin install <plugin repository url>.

--
Benjamin C.
http://www.bencurtis.com/

> You can use the command-line script 'plugin' in the scripts directory
> of your rails app to install plugins.  You can find available plugins
> at the rails plugin directory at http://www.agilewebdevelopment.com/
> plugins and run ./script/plugin install <plugin repository url>.

Have you done any work on integrating your plugin repository with the
plugin
script?  It seems like with your XML API we could get away from the
"scrape"
step and have plugin install directly query awd.com.

Thoughts?
Benjamin C. (Guest)
I haven't had a chance to do it yet, but the plan is to have it done
eventually.