Forum: Ruby Instructions for downloading and installing win32-open3 modu

Jatinder S. (Guest)
Hi All,

In recent past I have used Win32-service module; I came to RubyTalk on
instruction for how to install service module. Park H. gave me
service.so file and told me to put this fine in win32 directory present
in
ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\i386-msvcrt\win32 directory.

Now I want to use win32-open3 module, from website
http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/ I got open3-0[1].2.2.so file;
but
now on copying it to win32 directory mentioned aboove, I am not able to
use
win32-open3 module.

Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Jatinder
Jatinder S. (Guest)

I was able to get around with the installation by renaming the so file
open3.so and putting it in the mentioned folder, but now on executing
the
ruby program I get following error,

check.rb:3: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]

way.
Following are the contents of ruby program,

require "win32/open3"

input, out, err, @pid = Open4.popen4('dir')

Help Appreciated!

Thanks

Jatinder
Park H. (Guest)

>ruby program I get following error,
>Following are the contents of ruby program,
>
>Jatinder

Same as win32-serivce.so, you can download "open3.so" at
http://home.nownuri.net/~phasis/open3.so
and copy to ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\i386-msvcrt\win32 directory

Soon or later, the segfaulting binary files will be replaced with
correct
version.

Regards,

Park H.