Forum: Ruby Using Win32API for GUI-construction

Joakim O. (Guest)
on 2006-06-12 16:14
Im currently using Ruby Tk as a platform construction various GUI. I
must say it is working perfectly. I am however wondering if there by any
chance would be possible to call the WIN32OLE and use windows own
classes for this purpose. I know it should be possible but I have no
idea what im am supposed to look for.

/Joakim
Chris (Guest)
on 2006-06-12 16:51
Joakim O. wrote:
> Im currently using Ruby Tk as a platform construction various GUI. I
> must say it is working perfectly. I am however wondering if there by any
> chance would be possible to call the WIN32OLE and use windows own
> classes for this purpose. I know it should be possible but I have no
> idea what im am supposed to look for.
>
> /Joakim

Have a look at <a href=http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/vruby/>vruby</a>
I haven't used it but it looks to be a nice wrapper of the Win32 UI.

Cheers
Chris