Forum: Ruby on Rails Javascript include in html - load times

Kfir L. (Guest)
If I include a javascript library, will it load when the html load, or
just at the first use?
I have table.js and I have few pages that needs it.
Should I include it just on the pages that needs it, or put it on the
application_layout?

Thanks,
Kfir
Bryan D. (Guest)
on 2006-06-11 18:25
Kfir L. wrote:
> Hi,
> If I include a javascript library, will it load when the html load, or
> just at the first use?
> I have table.js and I have few pages that needs it.
> Should I include it just on the pages that needs it, or put it on the
> application_layout?
>
> Thanks,
> Kfir

Most browsers will cache a script file if its not changing, which will
be your case.

As to whether or not to put the include in every page, well, that
depends on how many of your pages actually make use of it. If its a
signficant amount of pages, then go ahead and do it. If only a few pages
use the JS, then include it directly in the .rhtml.
Kfir L. (Guest)
I think it will be good to put it in the layout, because of the caching.

Kfir