Forum: Ruby on Rails Armageddon

Alex MacCaw (Guest)
on 2006-06-11 12:55
I'm just wondering what happened to Armageddon and whether people had
any more information/news about it. I've thought about comet but I think
that a flash socket would be easier to implement. Does Armageddon have
the same drawbacks as other flash sockets, namely not working over port
80 (so the companies firewall blocks it)?
Alex MacCaw (Guest)
on 2006-06-22 15:10
> I'm just wondering what happened to Armageddon and whether people had
> any more information/news about it. I've thought about comet but I think
> that a flash socket would be easier to implement. Does Armageddon have
> the same drawbacks as other flash sockets, namely not working over port
> 80 (so the companies firewall blocks it)?

I've answered my own question by building my own version of Armageddon
(flash socket that integrates with rails). I'll be releasing it as a
plugin shortly. You can see a demo of a real-time chat app
http://alexmaccaw.no-ip.info:3001/chat and the related blog post
http://eribium.org/eribium/?p=48 . Feedback is appreciated.
Joel R. (Guest)
I can't find any info on Armageddon. Any pointers?

--
http://wagerlabs.com/
Alex MacCaw (Guest)
Joel R. wrote:
> I can't find any info on Armageddon. Any pointers?
>
> On Jun 22, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Alex MacCaw wrote:
>
>>> I'm just wondering what happened to Armageddon and whether people had
>>> any more information/news about it. I've thought about comet but I
>>> think
>>> that a flash socket would be easier to implement. Does Armageddon
>>> have
>>> the same drawbacks as other flash sockets, namely not working over
>>> port
>>> 80 (so the companies firewall blocks it)?
>
> --
> http://wagerlabs.com/

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/62907
There isn't much info - this is the most I could find.