Forum: Ruby on Rails in default there is no usr/local/bin correct? macOSx?

bbqtree (Guest)
on 2006-06-10 18:10
i am following the hivelogic tutorial and noticed that there is no
/usr/local and /usr/local/bin in my area. i created the folders but i am
thinking i may not be looking in the right area? i basically 'cd..' till
i couldnt 'cd..' anymore, went into usr, but no local. is this correct?
Al E. (Guest)
on 2006-06-10 18:31
bbqtree wrote:
> i am following the hivelogic tutorial and noticed that there is no
> /usr/local and /usr/local/bin in my area. i created the folders but i am
> thinking i may not be looking in the right area? i basically 'cd..' till
> i couldnt 'cd..' anymore, went into usr, but no local. is this correct?

Yes. On the Mac, /usr/local doesn't exist until you create it.

--Al Evans