Forum: Radiant CMS Save and Continue Editing

John W. Long (Guest)
Also of note in Changeset 57:

  * I added a "Save and Continue Editing" button

Please note that this should be considered experimental. I haven't
decided if it's an improvement or not.

--
John L.
http://wiseheartdesign.com
> Please note that this should be considered experimental. I haven't
> decided if it's an improvement or not.

I was wanting *this exactly* tonight when writing a long blog entry (I
like to save often, just in case).  If it saves, keeps you on the same
page, and is in a decent place, works for me! ;-)

Bruce
John W. Long (Guest)
Bruce W. wrote:
> On 6/10/06, John W. Long <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Please note that this should be considered experimental. I haven't
>> decided if it's an improvement or not.
>
> I was wanting *this exactly* tonight when writing a long blog entry (I
> like to save often, just in case).  If it saves, keeps you on the same
> page, and is in a decent place, works for me! ;-)

Yup, that's how it works. +10 points if you make it work with AJAX. :-)

--
John
Maurizio B. (Guest)
Hello John, your addition is very useful. In the future we may think
of adding some "hot key" management (like instiki) for saving a page
and continue editing (for example: "ALT-S") or save and leave the page
("ALT-E"), because in smaller screens you have to use the mouse to
reach the bot ton of the page, which contains the "save" buttons and
you have to move the hands from the keyboard. I understand it is maybe
a "luxury", but it could be useful. --M
Kyle H. (Guest)
What about having some Ajax style auto-save functionality? Kind of like
GMail. If you are worried about saving content that isn't wanted, maybe
this
auto-save feature could turn on only after you've issues a save or save
and
continue (not to mention editing).