Forum: Ruby on Rails Sharing data between several Rails apps

François M. (Guest)
on 2006-06-10 01:45
Could anyone point me to some resources that explain how to share data
between two Rails apps?

For example, say I have a wiki and a blog, as separate apps, and I want
to be able to integrate them so the user seamlessly goes between the two
on the same site. How do I pass user information between the two apps?
Are rails session variables accessible to both apps? Do I have to pass
everything as a parameter from one app to the next? Or should I create
an overall "master app" and drop in the two apps as components (if
that's even feasible)? What's generally the best approach or technique?

Thanks!
John G. (Guest)
on 2006-06-10 02:04
zero halo wrote:
> everything as a parameter from one app to the next? Or should I create
> an overall "master app" and drop in the two apps as components (if
> that's even feasible)? What's generally the best approach or technique?

Not sure what the best practices are, but I think components might be
what you're after.
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoBuildComponents