Forum: Ruby on Rails Positioning cursor to first form field

Ror D. (Guest)
on 2006-06-09 23:59
whenever I display the form to the users now the user has to click on
the first field; how do I make it automatically positioning on the first
user enterable form element (is there any javascript helpers)

thanks
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-06-10 01:25
ror directory wrote:
> how do I make it automatically positioning on the first
> user enterable form element (is there any javascript helpers)

Use Prototype

<%=javascript_tag('Form.focusFirstElement("form-dom-id")')%>