Forum: Ruby Anyone aware of a Ruby-module for ICQ?

Groleo M. (Guest)
I searched around google, for a module that would "talk" ICQ, but
with no results, so posting here is the last resort.
Do you know any module( even if it's not maintained anymore )
that deals with ICQ protocol ?

Thanks.

--
Regards, Groleo!

# touch universe
# chmod +x universe
# ./universe
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 6/9/06, Groleo M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I searched around google, for a module that would "talk" ICQ, but
> with no results, so posting here is the last resort.
> Do you know any module( even if it's not maintained anymore )
> that deals with ICQ protocol ?
>
> Thanks.

I don't believe there is one, no. Two quick-start approaches that come
to mind would be:
1. Porting this: http://www.zevils.com/linux/net-oscar/net-oscar.html
2. Writing a Ruby wrapper around libgaim
Francis C. (Guest)
Paul Vaillant has a project going (Net::IM) to do this. I've implemented
Oscar/AOL in Ruby but it was never released open-source.
Giles B. (Guest)
Is it release-able? I've had lots of dumb fun playing with Python's AIM
stuff.
Francis C. (Guest)
It's running in production in several large-enterprises sites, so it's
of
release quality.
Groleo M. (Guest)
On 6/9/06, Wilson B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> to mind would be:
> 1. Porting this: http://www.zevils.com/linux/net-oscar/net-oscar.html
> 2. Writing a Ruby wrapper around libgaim

I might add :
1. gaim source.
2. http://iserverd.khstu.ru/oscar/

I think the right choice for me is to port Net::OSCAR, using the
references above.

Thanks.

--
Regards, Groleo!