Forum: Typo Double edged

Gary S. (Guest)
I've just realised, and I may be wrong, that when I update on the
trunk via svn, it's also automatically updating to Rails edge in /
vendor (I'm currently at r4444 for Rails).

Very exciting but it's probably better to keep only Typo on the edge
and use a stable version of Rails?  A lot of the instability I'm
seeing could be laid at the door of Rails.

Anybody know an easy way to exclude rails from the svn update and get
back to a stable version?

Gary
phil (Guest)
On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:45:32 +0100, Gary S.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I've just realised, and I may be wrong, that when I update on the
> trunk via svn, it's also automatically updating to Rails edge in /
> vendor (I'm currently at r4444 for Rails).
>
> Very exciting but it's probably better to keep only Typo on the edge
> and use a stable version of Rails?  A lot of the instability I'm
> seeing could be laid at the door of Rails.
>
> Anybody know an easy way to exclude rails from the svn update and get
> back to a stable version?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is close to something I'm wondering
as well (and may help this issue) I'm trying to fix a site and I'm
wondering if I can just use a stock 2.6.0 version, have it point to an
existing db currenting running/bombing on trunk and do something like:

'rake migrate VERSION=xxx'

to roll back to version xxx -- does anyone know what would unmigrate the
db back to 2.6.0 or there abouts?  I'm doing this in a sandbox so if
things go terribly wrong it won't matter.

Thanks

On 8 Jun 2006, at 18:36, Steve L. wrote:

> use the --ignore-externals modifier on your svn update.

Good man!  I'll do that for the next one as r4444 seems quite stable
with Typo r1055.  Didn't know that command, I've learned something
new.  Good.

Gary