Forum: Ruby on Rails Page caching for urls with dots

gabriele renzi (Guest)
hi everyone,

I have a pesky problem with page caching, sorry if it sounds dummy.
Whenever I'm caching an url like
  /controller/argument.with.dots
instead of getting a saved page like
  /public/controller/arguments.with.dots.html
I get
  /public/controller/arguments.with.dots
which makes the webserver confused as to how to send it (it gets a
Content-Type of text/plain instead of text/html).

Is this a bug or an expected behaviour?
Is there a way I could workaround it at the rails level, instead of
messing with the webserver?

--

blog en: http://www.riffraff.info
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com
On Thursday 08 Jun 2006 10:26, gabriele renzi wrote:
> messing with the webserver?
I've also had this problem in the past, though the only way I managed to
fix
it was on Apache, in a .htaccess file in the cache directory concerned,
containing:

ForceType text/html

Which worked, but feels a bit kludgy.  I think it's possibly a rails
bug,
though haven't looked into it much.

Cheers,

~Dave

--

Dave S.
Rent-A-Monkey Website Development

PGP Key: http://www.rentamonkey.com/pgpkey.asc
gabriele renzi (Guest)
Dave S. ha scritto:

> I've also had this problem in the past, though the only way I managed to fix
> it was on Apache, in a .htaccess file in the cache directory concerned,
> containing:
>
> ForceType text/html

that was what I was thinking thanks for confirming

> Which worked, but feels a bit kludgy.  I think it's possibly a rails bug,
> though haven't looked into it much.

definitely need investigation, thank you.