Forum: Ruby on Rails Edge rails and routes

Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-06-08 01:05
I have a route that works under 1.1.2 but does not work under edge
rails.

  route.wishlist 'wishlist/:id',
    :action => 'show_wishlist',
    :id => nil,
    :requirements => {:id => /\d*/}

This worked great without an :id, but under edge rails when I call
wishlist_url with no parameters I get:

"Exception: can't convert nil into String"
Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-06-08 01:12
Alex W. wrote:
> I have a route that works under 1.1.2 but does not work under edge
> rails.
>
>   route.wishlist 'wishlist/:id',
>     :action => 'show_wishlist',
>     :id => nil,
>     :requirements => {:id => /\d*/}
>
> This worked great without an :id, but under edge rails when I call
> wishlist_url with no parameters I get:
>
> "Exception: can't convert nil into String"

yeah nevermind.  It's working on some pages, but not others.  I clearly
have something more complex happening here.
Rodney R. (Guest)
Alex, in rails edge routing is highly experimental at the moment, they
just checked in the new improved version, be careful, the core is
using it's full brainpower to make things go better, until then ymmv,

/r/r

On 6/7/06, Alex W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > wishlist_url with no parameters I get:
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Rodney
http://www.pinupgeek.com
http://www.dutchrailers.org
Alex W. (Guest)
on 2006-06-08 03:01
Rodney R. wrote:
> Alex, in rails edge routing is highly experimental at the moment, they
> just checked in the new improved version, be careful, the core is
> using it's full brainpower to make things go better, until then ymmv,

Thanks for the heads up.  Maybe I'll roll back a few revisions.
Jón B. (Guest)
This might help.
http://www.ryandaigle.com/articles/2006/06/01/what...