Forum: Ruby on Rails multi domain application

Julien W. (Guest)

I'm wondering how to handle an application we can access from multiple
domains and subdomains (such as basecamp)...

I think it has to do with a lighttpd or apache config and routes.rb
config with subdomain/domain auth?

thanks.

Julien W. (Guest)
on 2006-06-07 17:05
In fact, to be more precise, my app would create/register a domain name
for each client, and they can access some functionnalities through that
domain name, and others through a subdomain of that domain...

Let's imagine if the app was a cms

the client is acme corp
their domain would be acme.com

when connected to acme.com, they would see their website generated by
the rails cms
when connected to admin.acme.com, they would enter the rails cms admin
interface

were my thoughts correct about it ? do someone have an idea how i can
handle that ?

thanks

j.