Forum: Ruby on Rails Question on login generators, plugins

Dark A. (Guest)
Not sure if I want to build my own or use something already built that's
out
there.
This is the first step in my project though and a major one, so some of
my
requirements would be:
1-The ability for a user to register themselves
2-Email / link activation
3-Access levels (or ACL control - I think they are basically the same).
4-The ability to track users either through session or cookies (or
both).

If I build my own (being a ror newb) are there any good pointers for
getting
started on a reg / login system ?

My apologies as this has most likely been discussed before but things
change
so I'm asking.

TIA
Stuart

[...]