Forum: Ruby email reading & more

pat eyler (Guest)
On 6/6/06, Eric H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'm writing tools to read my mailing list traffic for me and tell me
> what's interesting.  I get between 500 and 1000 mailing list mails
> per day.

There are two pieces of emacs (yes, they're available elsewhere
but emacs is where I discovered them) that I'd love to see made
more available:

   scoring mail/news readers (and blog crawling would be a
nice addition)

   the remembrance agent

I'll assume that people understand the first.  The second is a
data indexer that runs in the background of an editing process
and provides continous pointers to information that is
contextually related to the text currently in the editor/reader.
You can read much more (and better) information at:
   http://www.remem.org/

While a single user interface to the above would be nice, it
would be incredibly cool to tie multiple people's mail/news/blog
scored indices together through some kind of
reputation/relationship management system.

Just my random cool idea of the day.