Forum: GNU Radio Filterbanks

Marcus L. (Guest)
Is there a usable filterbank block currently available in Gnu Radio?

If I wanted to break up a 4Mhz input bandwidth into a plenitude of
narrower channels, farming out
  the processing of these narrower channels to other processors, is
there a block that can help get
  me started?

I'm thinking of doing a distributed SETI-search engine this way
Matt E. (Guest)
Marcus L. wrote:

> Is there a usable filterbank block currently available in Gnu Radio?
>
> If I wanted to break up a 4Mhz input bandwidth into a plenitude of
> narrower channels, farming out
>  the processing of these narrower channels to other processors, is
> there a block that can help get
>  me started?
>
> I'm thinking of doing a distributed SETI-search engine this way

We have the analysis_filterbank and the synthesis_filterbank, which can
be found in

    gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blksimpl/filterbank.py

and the ayfabtu.py example shows the basic usage.

Matt
Eric B. (Guest)
On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 02:46:00PM -0400, Marcus L. wrote:
> Is there a usable filterbank block currently available in Gnu Radio?
>
> If I wanted to break up a 4Mhz input bandwidth into a plenitude of
> narrower channels, farming out
>  the processing of these narrower channels to other processors, is
> there a block that can help get
>  me started?
>
> I'm thinking of doing a distributed SETI-search engine this way

Yes,

See gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/blksimpl/filterbank.py

There's a somewhat bit-rotted examples that uses this.
See gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/ayfabtu.py.

Eric