Forum: Ruby Ruby App as a Windows Service?

Jim F. (Guest)
Hi

This is a query for all those windows power users.
I want to install a ruby app as a windows service.

I am assuming that the best practice is to use RubyScript2Exe
and something like http://www.sw4me.com/wiki/Winserv or
http://www.firedaemon.com/ to run the app as a service.

Can someone with experience in doing this comment on
my theories as how to proceed?

Thanks
Daniel B. (Guest)
Jim F. wrote:
> my theories as how to proceed?
>
> Thanks
You could use those, or use win32-service. :)

Regards,

Dan