Forum: Ruby on Rails help with date formats

Josh K. (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 05:42
i have a datetime field in my database that i need broken up. i want to
display the date and the time in separate places. i tried looking
through the api, but couldn't find what i was looking for.

if someone could please point me in the right direction to format dates,
that would be great. thanks
Ken K. (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 06:20
Josh K. wrote:
> i have a datetime field in my database that i need broken up. i want to
> display the date and the time in separate places. i tried looking
> through the api, but couldn't find what i was looking for.
>
> if someone could please point me in the right direction to format dates,
> that would be great. thanks

I am not sure if it's the best solution, but I use strftime.
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Time.html#M000258
Josh K. (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 06:45
worked just fine for me. thanks!